While out shopping today, I realized there are some small, inexpensive things that make me inexplicably happy. I guess it's a good thing, since it's been quite awhile since I've been able to purchase a big expensive thing - although in the next few days I'll be getting my new printer/scanner/copier/fax and I'm about to explode with joy - it's nice to be satisfied with the small stuff. Here's a short list:
1. Breyer's Yo Crunch yogurt. My usual yogurt is Yoplait and has been for years. I'm not quite sure what made me try this one, except for the cool name and the cute packaging that shows the granola on top. Yummy, fun and whatever that good bacteria yogurt has - win, win, win. Of course there seems to be a few more calories than in the Yoplait, but sometimes you have to sacrifice.
2. Neutrogena Resurfacing Cream. I almost went with the Olay Regenerist system, but this was ten bucks cheaper and I love all things Neutrogena, so I figured I'd give this one a shot first. It's quick and easy: plop a little cream on the cute little foam applicator and lightly scrub your face for a minute or two. Afterwards my face is as soft as a baby's booty and my skin is literally aglow. While it's true sex does have the same glowing effect on the skin, it is sorely lacking in the abrasive factor. Well, at least abrasion on my face. Ooh, too far? Okay.
3. Glade air freshener spray in Clean Linen. I used to love Glade's Country Popourri and that scent still brings me straight back to the Tallahassee days, but my favorite smell lately is anything clean linen. And instead of shelling out the big bucks for Yankee Candle Clean Cotton, which I occasionally do, this only set me back 86 cents! Squiiiiirt, aaaahh. I just went through my coupons and found a buy one get one free for this - oh yeah, time to go crazy with the spray.
4. L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick color In The Buff. I've been on a quest for the perfect nude lipstick color since I once saw Cindy Crawford wear a nude color in the 90's and while this still isn't complete lipstick nirvana, (mayhaps because I still haven't figured out a way to get Cindy Crawford's face?)it comes pretty darn close.
5. Long-sleeve t-shirts. It's that time of year again, the time when I can happily throw one of these bad boys on in one of the many colors I own, either by itself or as a layering piece. I own several different brands, but the best by far in quality and shelf-life is Gap's Favorite Tee. They don't fade and hold their shape for years. I'm wearing a black one right now with jeans and I look completely presentable with no effort whatsoever.
6. Johnson's Baby Powder. I was raised on this stuff and only recently have rediscovered the joys of shooting this stuff on key areas of my body straight out of the shower. I won't go into details of what key areas, but I'm sure you can figure it out. While I always lotion up afterwards with my Bath and Body Works Body Butter (another fave) the powder makes me feel pure and clean like nothing else and the nostalgic smell fools me into thinking I still have my whole life ahead of me.