Friday, September 12, 2008

Photobucket

From Daddy Likey's 24 Free Dinners blog - my ideal piece of furniture! Where can I gets me one of these?

I left work early today because I couldn't stop thinking about how much more productive I'd be at home. I was right, man. Since about 3:30 (six hours ago), I've been working pretty much nonstop on yard sale stuff. And when I say stuff, I mean literally just hanging up the clothes. The neverending frick-fracking motherhumping clothes. I'm up to 198 pieces hung and I'm not finished yet. For someone who has a deep and abiding love of clothes, who spends a lot of time thinking about them, reading what other people think about them and coveting them, at this moment I don't care if I ever see another piece of fabric. CLOTHES. When I was messaging with Delorme the other day and told him the reason for the sale, he was all, oh you and your clothes. No, dude. These are not mine nor will they ever be and I want them out of my sight forever. In fact, glad you brought that up, because after Brian saw how much shit this woman had, he felt a lot better about my collection. Mine is tame, TAME I tell you, compared to this. The frightening part is if this is what she left behind, how much did she bring with her? It boggles the mind.

I'm taking pictures as I go, because not only do people not comprehend the sheer bulk of this, I doubt I'll even believe this after it's over. Tomorrow is going to be a nonstop party as well. I have a list that just keeps getting longer. I have a friend coming over tomorrow night to witness (and hopefully take some items home) this mess. I have Kristen and Joe coming over Saturday and I might try to make out with her a little when she gets here. She volunteered to help out, because that's the kind of person she is, and I couldn't be more excited. I'd cry if I had the energy to spare. But no time for nervous breakdowns until Sunday. Sunday is truly going to be a day of rest for me - no inlaws, no cleaning out any foreclosed houses (there's another one waiting for us as we speak), no billing, no chores, NOTHING. Nothing but slothfullness and maybe some light reading. It's the thought of that that's getting me through this crazy task I totally created for myself.

No comments: